Friday, February 4, 2011

Snow Part II

Dear Riley,

This morning at 5:00 a.m. I received a phone call that school was cancelled; I didn’t have to go to work. I was happy that I would be able to spend an extra day home with you and quickly fell back asleep. Two hours later when you came and got in bed with me, I remembered the reason school was cancelled: SNOW!

It’s already snowed once this year, but that was nothing compared to today’s dusting.

002

It was cold today! About 20 degrees. You didn’t seem to mind though!

006

010

011

018

Dad’s boots didn’t have good traction in the snow; just ask the ground.

019

025

027

We had a great time running around our yard and playing in the street. The only way I could entice you to go inside was to offer you ice cream – snow ice cream.

033

1 cup of milk
1 cup of sugar
1 tsp of vanilla
1 egg

Beat until frothy. Add enough snow to dissolve mixture. Serve and enjoy!

035

It was so sweet and yummy! All three of us loved our snow ice cream!

036

And then you took a 3 hour nap.

Love you sweet girl!

Love, Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment