Monday, November 28, 2011

Big Sister

Dear Riley,

You’re going to be a big sister! It’s very emotional to consider my Riley a big sister, but get ready, because this summer you will be one!

011

Your daddy and I are very excited to add to our family. Most of the time you are too. I showed you my C-section scar (which is only a faint white line on my lower belly and looks awesome) and you asked, “Did that baby scratch you?” You’ve also asked if the baby in my belly is wearing any pajamas. See, already looking out for your little brother/sister. :)

So you pretty much understand that there is a baby in my belly, but I don’t think you realize what is going to happen.

You will be the best big sister though, with out a doubt. You are very tender and caring and you love to help me. Anything that makes you feel important gives you a huge sense of pride. You love to be bragged on when you do something nice too. I can see all of these characteristics coming in handy this summer. You’re great big sister-material.

026

024

You really have an interesting personality and a huge imagination. Tonight you were talking to me about your “style.” It involved wearing headbands around your waist. I don’t know where you came up with that.

Sometimes you stay with Grandad while I am at work and Daddy is at school. We’ve got a fairly regular routine. I overheard you playing with your babies the other day and this is what you said to the babies: “I’m going to work. And I’m taking my babies to Grandad’s.” You know Grandad loves you and takes care of you, and you can’t imagine how much that means to me. Grandad and Grandmom being able to care for you is one of the greatest gifts our family has been given.

You are so special and amazing to me. You are growing up before my eyes and sometimes I just stare at you. At how pretty you are. At how serious you can be. At how loving you are. I’m happy that you’re healthy and growing up, but I’m so sad these days are passing so quickly.

 

070

Love you to the moon and back.

Love, Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment