Sunday, July 8, 2012

Ella's Room

I'm excited to show off Ella's room. Thanks to Pinterest and my sister, Morgan, her room is almost finished!

Above her bed is the letter "E" in a silver frame...
In one corner of her room is this corner shelf my Grandad built. The green vase came from a flower shop when I was in the hospital with Riley. I added the Gerber daisies from Hobby Lobby. I'm also using the shelf a a beginning book shelf. One the second to last shelf are embroidery hoops with fabric in them. The fabric matches all the bedding in the room.


Ella's first book: "There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly" by Kate Toms. This book is so cute!



This is Ella's bed. I made the fitted crib sheet from a vintage flat sheet of my Grandmom's. The dust ruffle was made out of vintage sheets as well. And the crib bumper I made out of assorted fabric and white minky.

Ella approves!


Also in the room is a twin bed. My Great-Grandmother purchased it in the 50's. The orange pillow case is an oldie from my Grandmom's house. I made the quilt using mostly half-square triangles.


On the wall above the twin bed is more embroidery hoops with fabric.


In the corner above Ella's bed I hung pom poms and lanterns. My sister, Morgan, helped me make the pom poms and did all the arranging because I am not that talented.


My husband also painted the walls. When we bought the house the entire room was the turquoise blue color.  I could handle the blue, but wanted to tame it just a little, so we painted the top half buttermilk cream and my Grandad and husband added the chair rail.

This is my favorite room in the house! And the bed is so comfortable! I have a few more things I want to add. Hopefully I'll get around to them this summer!

Jaycie

1 comment:

  1. You did such a great job on this room - love the old things you repurposed - you are very talented and don't think it came from the Colley side.

    ReplyDelete