Friday, March 12, 2010

Books to read

Riley,

I have always loved reading. My Dad always loved to read and I can remember him taking me and your Aunt Morgan to the library with him. I would check out a book and usually have it read the next day. Morgan never liked to read. EVER. Then the Twilight Saga came out and Morgan read that and hasn't stopped since. She reads quite a bit now.

While I was working on my Bachelor's degree I didn't feel like I had time to read. I always said, "If I have time to read for pleasure, I have time to study." So I never read. Well, rarely. For about six months now I have been consumed with two things: creating and reading.

It's no secret I want you to be a reader too. I have been reading to you since you were about six months old.
The Tyler Public Library has a reading program that I like to take you to also. You can read about that here.

I want to expose you to all kinds of books. There are several books I think you just have to read. This will be a work in progress as I gather the books I want you to read one day, but I do hope you will one day read some of them. I don't want to force you to be a reader, but I cross my fingers you are! I also want to start a section on this blog about prudent advice. Growing up without a mom, there were life-lessons I had to learn the hard way. I want to write down somethings I wished someone would have told me. I don't expect you to listen to every bit of advice I give you, but I do hope you realize I have been there and was not always successful in making my own way in the world. Here is the first installment on books I think you will enjoy.

Recently, I have read two books YOU MUST READ. They are:
1.
For some reason I waited until I was 25 to read this book, but I loved it! I hope you read this and love it too. Scarlett O'Hara is someone you can learn from. The biggest lesson I took from this book was: Don't realize too late what you have. Always be thankful.

2.
I just finished reading this book today. I  thought this book was ironically romantic and emotional. You will not be disappointed. Understand that love can last longer than a lifetime.

1 comment:

  1. i know how you feel about wanting to read while you are in college but not feeling like you have the time...now that i'm done i still don't read that much, never feel like i have the time
    i haven't read Gone with the Wind but Wuthering Heights was great

    ReplyDelete