Monday, March 15, 2010

Pink and Chocolate Brown

So, I quilt. Not always very well, but nonetheless I quilt. I am really bad about piecing a quilt top together and then forgetting about it for several weeks or months. Anyway, this is a little quilt I just finished last night after it laid around for well over a month.
 This is a small quilt, maybe for a baby. It measures 30 inches by 24 inches. I hand pieced and hand quilted this whole quilt, hearts included. The solid pink is an old pillow case and the other fabrics I had left over from other projects (Quilts for Riley!). I'm not sure what the name of the batting is called, something I picked up from Hobby lobby. Binding is definitely the worst part about quilting. I put it off as long as I can. It makes my fingers hurt so bad! The backing is a solid white cotton that has been around for a while too. I think I will start buying plain white sheets to back with. That's what my Grandmother always uses, so we'll see!

I'm really happy with how this turned out. I thought it was going to be a little bigger, but oh well. Not sweating the small stuff today!
 

6 comments:

  1. your "about me" made me smile. i hope that one day my girls will read my blog too and catch glimpses of how much mommy loved them.

    will def be following your blog. stop by mine when you get a chance and say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just oh so cute! What a sweet girly quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love the hearts. I posted a tutorial today about how to make a chocolate and pink necklace. Those must be the in colors.

    Feel free to stop by my blog and enter my necklace giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the hearts. Very sweet. Thanks for sharing with Made it Monday! Jules

    ReplyDelete