Monday, February 1, 2010

Leaving work to be a SAHM

Originally Written - May 15, 2009

So that's right, after years of wishing for a 9:00 - 5:00, I am ditching my 8:30 - 5:30 to go BACK TO SCHOOL and stay at home with Riley. I graduated in December with a B.A. in Marketing, and I love the field. I find it so curious to figure out why a person buys what they buy and the influences involved. Leaving my job was a tough decision and I did not make it easily. After years of waiting tables, I turned into a jaded waitress who didn't think twice about leaving a customer with an empty drink for 5 WHOLE MINUTES. I learned a lot about people and their motivations while waiting tables. Waiting tables was a lot like working at cue:creative. I should probably clear something up: I never took part in tampering with customers' food. I was a willing witness especially after this one horses rear made me cry. And for the most part, no one's food was tampered with. Be nice to your server. Hello, they handle your food! And, gratuity is much appreciated. ($10 bill = $2 tip, $20 bill = $4 tip, $40 bill = $8 tip, you get the picture?)

But anyway, back to school I go. Not 100% sure what I am going to end up doing, but most likely getting a teaching degree. One day I would love to be a professor. But for now, I think a teaching degree is what's best for my family. I will be able to see my Sweet Girl for more than 3 hours a day and during the summer she is all mine. Not to mention, since I have been working full time, my house has gone into disarray. We are like whirling dervishes leaving a path of destruction.

I am also going to have the pleasure of keeping my new nephew, Braxton. My sister and I hope they grow up like brother and sister. They are only 7 1/2 months apart.

So anyway, if you need me this summer, I will be waist deep in dirty diapers and spit-up with a big smile on my face.

-Jaycie

No comments:

Post a Comment