Monday, February 1, 2010

Riley Claire 16 Month Newsletter

Dear Riley,

All your previous newsletters were written on Facebook. I stopped writing monthly newsletters after you turned one partly because I thought all my Facebook friends would get tired of reading them. Or think they were stupid. I don't think they are stupid and have missed talking to you. I miss writing down my feelings for you. Most of all I miss telling you about yourself and the things you are doing. So, on this site, I am going to pick up my tradition and write you monthly, maybe even weekly sometimes. Who knows, I may end up writing daily, we'll just see how it goes.


Anyway, I'm writing you this note while you are supposed to be taking a nap. I still look forward to nap time. I, like you, use nap time as a rejuvenation time and I usually enjoy the few minutes of peace.

This afternoon, I put you in your bed with your blankets and started you music. About 15 minutes later, I heard you talking. Jabbering up a storm. Forty five minutes later you are still going strong. You haven't let out any cries, so I am going to leave you. You must be having fun! I think I know why you aren't asleep when you should be; in the past 5 days, I have let you go the entire day without a nap twice. Maybe you think you are getting used to one nap a day. Well, let me tell you Miss, YOU AREN'T! You need your rest. If you don't get a nap you are very fussy after dinner. Nothing suits you. So, I am going to do my best to get you back on your nap schedule.

Yesterday, after a birthday party, you fell down in the parking lot. I picked you up and your mouth was full of blood. I can say I didn't freak out, but I definitely didn't know what to do. I ran you back inside the building and attempted to flush your mouth out. You on the other hand, began sucking on your lip. You sucked on your lip the whole way home. I gave you a green tractor sucker to ease the pain because let's face it, you love a sucker. An hour after the busted lip incident and you had forgotten ALL about it. Today your lip is pretty swollen, but I think you will recover just fine.

Your favorite playmate is still your Daddy. You love when he tickles you. Listening to you two play makes my heart feel full. I couldn't ask for anything else in the world.

Stay sweet Riley,

I love you!

Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment