Monday, February 1, 2010

Riley Claire - 11 Month Newsletter

 Originally Written - August 15, 2009


Dear Riley,

Tomorrow you will be 11 months old going on 13 years old. What a mess you are! If only I had an ounce of your energy I could clean house, wash clothes and take care of you and Braxton like I was sitting on a beach! You truly are like a little whirlwind coming at me.

You are very "busy;" ALWAYS playing with something, getting into things, and letting me know what you want. From throwing the DVD's all over the room, to emptying Braxton's diaper bag, 800 times a day, you ensure the living room looks like a toy box. But that's ok, Riley, I love it when you make a mess. I know one day I will miss your messes and miss tripping over your toys while almost breaking my neck.

One thing you inherited from me: your appetite! I am so lucky you are a good eater. It doesn't matter what I throw on your tray, you will eat it. Lately, we have been on a watermelon kick and I think you have eaten more watermelon than I have. The juice runs over your little Buddha belly. You don't seem to mind as long as the watermelon keeps on coming. Oh, and you also like the good stuff: sweet potatoes, carrots, green beans, peas, etc.

Riley, you love your Daddy. It is the sweetest thing! You two crawl around on the floor growling at each other like you are gorillas. You throw a ball back and forth, play guitar together, and give me a hard time. Your Daddy works very hard so that I can stay home and take care of you. I hope one day you realize the sacrifices Your Daddy has made for you. (By the way, you already have him wrapped around your finger, so it's ok with me if you ask for a really expensive car when you turn 16!)

I love you sweet baby. You are the light of my life. You bring so much joy to me just when I think I am going to loose my mind and have a breakdown. You are the reason I get up in the morning (and the reason I breathe a sigh of relief when you take a nap!). You keep me on track and keep me in check. You are an angel and I will forever cherish our long days together while you are little. You are my best friend and I love you. That's all, I just love you. Achingly.

Love,

Momma


P.S. Oh, you are beginning to take your first steps. And you have a HUGE front top tooth growing in.


No comments:

Post a Comment