Monday, February 1, 2010

Riley Claire - 12 Month Newsletter

Originally Written - September 14, 2009

Dear Riley,

In two days you will officially turn 1. That's 365 days old. 365 days we've made together. The best year of my life!

Let me tell you a little bit about yourself. You don't like carrots anymore. You did, but now you don't. I don't know what happened, but you detest them now. You only want to eat if you are feeding yourself. Miss. Independent. You like to put a cell phone or remote up to your ear like you are talking into it. And then, we say, "Hello," and you love that. You have also reached another major milestone: walking! Yep, you can walk. You walk when you don't need to get somewhere in a hurry. If you are in a hurry, you can get there faster if you crawl.

And one more thing: Before you were born, Aunt Morgan, Daddy and I worked really hard to paint your crib. It's pink. The crib was hard to paint because there were several curves in the wood. Nevertheless, in 100 degree heat, we painted it for you. Now that you have two top teeth, you have started teething on your crib. The paint is coming off where you have been chewing!

Riley, there are so many things I want to tell you. You are absolutely amazing. Your first breath took mine away, and you continue to do so. You light up my day, and I love it when you say Momma. You remind me that I am not too good to scrape green beans off the floor. You remind me that my favorite T.V. show is not more important than letting you splash in the bath tub. When you go to sleep at night I check on you half a dozen times. You are my precious girl and I need to know you are fine.

I grew up without a Mommy. I promise you will never know that feeling. Your first day of school, I will be there to hold your hand. When you are trying on basketball uniforms, I will be there to help you decide on the right size. When you get your heart broken for the first time, I will be there to hold you. When you get married, your Daddy and I will give you away. And many more countless events in your life, I will always be there. You will always know your Mommy loves and cares about you. I love you.

Love,

Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment