Thursday, February 18, 2010

Riley Claire - 17 Month Newsletter

Dear Riley,

Today you are 17 months old. You are very active, very nosy, very loving, and very sweet. You ONLY want to do things your way. So I guess that makes you stubborn, like your Daddy, of course.

You still aren't talking other than saying, "dog", "Momma", "Dada", "bite", "bye-bye", "hi" and sometimes "duck". You certainly understand more than that, like when I say, "Are you ready to eat lunch?" you make a bee line to your high-chair. Lots of other things we can tell you to go do or hand to us and you execute those commands perfectly. So instead of talking, you have learned that a whine will get you what you want. You simply whine for something while pointing at it or whine until I guess correctly what it is exactly that you want.  I love you being little and all, but I would really appreciate an "I'm hungry", or "I'm sleepy" instead of me guessing all the time. But, I guess that comes with the territory of being a Mommy.I can't complain all that much, you entertain yourself really well most of the time. And you give the best hugs and kisses EVER!

You really enjoy discovering new things. I gave you some markers today and you scribbled for an hour. Granted you scribbled on EVERYTHING, including your face and the toilet, but you had an amazing time. Little did I know you would be completely devastated when I finally took them away from you. You bucked and flailed and screamed while all I could do was laugh. It was really funny! You were so upset I took those markers away from you.
Oh, I love being your Momma. I have so many hopes and dreams for you. I want you to be an artist, a singer,  a dancer, a writer, a sister, a Mommy, a wife, a leader, a friend, a doctor, a nurse, bilingual, a manager, a lawyer, an Olympian, and a photographer, just to name a few. But most of all, I want you to be you, Riley. I want you to wake up and know that you are beautiful and loved. I want you to know that you CAN do anything in this world. I will always support you 100%. More importantly, I will always love you no matter what. 


Love, Momma

1 comment:

  1. Tears!!!!! What a great one sister! Riley claire is a lucky girl to have such a great mom and you should know that you are just that! I know that when I am in need of good advice or just a friend to talk to, I can always come to you and feel better having just asked a simple question or venting about the days trials and struggles! Thank you for being someone I can look up to as a mother and friend and sister and everything in-between! I love you!

    ReplyDelete